Geosynthetic Reinforced Structures have emerged as leading solutions for the infrastructure demand of India with a better economy and safety. The Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS) entrusted a panel with developing a Code of Practice for this technology to be adopted at large. On the occasion of this panel completing its task, a workshop with live broadcast online is being scheduled that focuses on the developments and future of Geosynthetic Reinforced Structures in India. Besides commenting on the code development, the panel members will share their present experience and vision for the future in this webinar.
DATE: 7th August 2021
Time: 2.00 PM IST
- Shri J. K. Gupta, Chairman, Textiles Department, Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- Shri Vivek Kapadia, President, IGS India Chapter
- Prof. G.V. Rao (BIS Panel Chair), IIT Gandhinagar
- Prof. K. Rajagopal, IIT Madras
- Shri Shahrokh Bagli, Strata Geosystems (India) Pvt Ltd.
- Prof. M. Venkataraman, IIT Gandinagar
- Dr. Jimmy Thomas, Independent Civil Engineering Professional
- Shri U.K. Guruvittal, CSIR – Central Road Research Institute
- Shri Saurabh Vyas, Techfab (India) Industries Ltd.
- Dr. Ratnakar Mahajan, Maccaferri Environmental Sol. Pvt. Ltd.
- Shri Atanu Adhikari, Reinforced Earth India Pvt. Ltd.
- Ms. Dola Roychowdhury, GCUBE Consulting Engineers LLP.
- Dr. Anil Dixit, Landmark Material Testing And Research Laboratory Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Kolli Mohan Krishna, IIT Gandhinagar
- Prof. Amit Prashant, IIT Gandhinagar